Thursday, January 13, 2011

BMW 2002

Ever since my mom first pointed out one of these to me when I was in elementary school, I've always had a secret love for these cars. My love for them has recently increased considerably since one of my friends got his first one back in July


This is my friend's 1972 2002 BMW. It's always funny when talking about it when you're talking to someone who doesn't know what the BMW 2002 is, they usually think you're talking about a 2002 BMW of any sort. Personally, I'd rather have one of these than an E46 BMW any day, as long as it's not an E46 M3 I'd definitely take one of those. Just riding in these cars is so exciting. They weigh only roughly 2200 pounds and even with the base model making 108hp, the car is a whole lot of fun to drive.




Back on November 6 of 2010, I had the opportunity to go tag along in my friend's BMW 2002 for a Bay Area BMW 2002 club drive, in memoriam for a member who had passed away that had led the drive several years prior. That was a day I definitely will never forget, definitely the most fun I've had in a car, while being a passenger, ever. I spent most of the drive hanging out of the car taking shots while the car was moving through the backroads in order to get some shots. I'll definitely be posting more shots from the "brisk" morning/afternoon drive.



Pastalblau, one of the handful of colors the BMW 2002 is available. Personally this is my second favorite color for them, first being Inka Orange. I thought I'd just share this shot of my friend's new 1974 BMW 2002 and how pristine this car still is with it's original paint as well as "minor" work, but that's for another day.
Stay tuned for more on this 1974 BMW 2002 and the BMW 2002 drive are soon to come!!

- Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment